where to go

the runt

Hi all,i was looking for a camp ground or r.v. park near pender harbor or in the area. I plan to tow a boat so i will need moorage also.Has the fishing been good for coho.i noticed on the map earls cove, egmont.are these places any good also.

thanks all.

I know dozens of people who live on the Sunshine Coast from Gibsons to Powell River fishing has been awful the past dozen years, don't bother.[V]

It's still a wonderful place to go boating but fishing there isn't worth the effort.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I've seen other outfits from the USA in the Ferry lineup and I wanted to warn them but it would seem a little odd now I can tell somebody straight.

The Sunshine Coast has had a pretty rough stretch for quite some time. Not sure why..... However, the ferry costs 1/2 the price of going to the island and you can run into some good fish.

Here's a link to the most complete fishing reports on the Sunshine Coast. Click on "Fishing Diary" to see individual reports and "Fishing Report" to get the low down on what to expect.

http://www.user.dccnet.com/fishingsechelt/

Thanks guys,Mabe i'll wait,Seiku reopens Nov.1st.if the weather holds out there should be some nice fishing.One of my friends just got back from sooke and did quite good.I myself haven't caught a fish since march. lol

You're welcome...

The Sunshine Coast does have some great scenery though and is less crowded that the East Coast of Vancouver Island. Great area to cruise up protected inlets without the crowds you get in the Gulf Islands/San Juans.

Anybody have any theories as to why the fishing has dropped off in the last decade? It may just be the same story that all the inside waters seem to be telling, but it seems like more of a dramatic decline along the Southern Sunshine Coast.

Back