Whats my boat worth?

nedarb2

Hey guys, with fuel prices up were having some trouble paying for the boat, so we are thinking about putting it up for sale, but not sure of hpw much to ask. Its a 1989 Grady White Sailfish, with twin 200 yamahas (1 counter rotating) on a pod off the back, and has a 9'6 beam. Radar, 2 VHF's, chartplotter, new fuel tanks this year, new bottom paint this year,and all electrical work was updated/new this year. engines run strong and maintained professionaly. Any idea on what this is about worth? need more information? also where would you suggest advertising? Just the buysell? Thanks for any help!

ill give u $250 for it. if your selling it in victoria sell it on usedvictoria.com include pictres, ive sold lots of stuff from that site

would that be the 272 or 282 sailfish ?
also assume those motors are 2-stroke 200's ?
just saw a 2002 model 282 in the states with twin 225
4 strokes for $108,000 us dollars. yhat's pricey
but it should give you an idea....
call island outfitter's, they just added one to their
fleet.
maybe they would share info ?? ;)

you might try posting it on ifish.net here in the states, some BIG Grady fans on that site :) Also five-salt who frequents this board a bit has a Grady and can comment on what people pay for them :) Good luck, great boat..someone lucky will want it :)

Jim

I would look at US prices and add 20-30%. Lots of Grady's in the US, occasionally a few in the northwest US. Would need to know the age of the engines, hours on the engines, age of trailer, shape of transom, etc. That size of boat would limit the number of buyers. I think a 1989 sailfish, depending on engine hours and shape, would range $45-60k. A 2002 is 13 years younger than an 1989 with a SeaV2 hull and 4 strokes. To me a different price point than an 89 with older 2 strokes.

I had a 1990 25ft SailFisher with twin 200 Yamaha along with a 10 4 stroke Yamaha. Furuno Radar, Sounder and NorthStar Plotter. VHF and CB. EZ Loader Galvinized trailer. Sold it back in early 2002 and got $45,000.00 for it. Mine was customed ordered without the bracket and hardtop. I had a radar arch built for it so I could collapes it for towing. I now have a 30ft Norstar which is similar to a Uniflite but, I really miss the quality and especially the toughness of a Grady.

I trade you a 2000 bayliner capri straight across! no loans

Back