What ratio of muriatic acid to clean heat exchanger?

Some folks use it pure as long as you don't soak/flush too long and make sure you rinse/flush it very well after. If you wanna be on the safe side you can dilute some first and try to see how clean it gets then concentrate it more as you go. Can use some baking soda in water after to neutralize any acid that may have been left behind. If you can add compressed air to your cleaning solution soak it will help even more.

Some folks use it pure as long as you don't soak/flush too long and make sure you rinse/flush it very well after. If you wanna be on the safe side you can dilute some first and try to see how clean it gets then concentrate it more as you go. Can use some baking soda in water after to neutralize any acid that may have been left behind. If you can add compressed air to your cleaning solution soak it will help even more.
Ok cool. This one says it's 31% in the bottle. We were going to throw it in a cooler but we only have a gallon. Looking at it now we should probably cap this back up and just fill it?

The fact that I'm here helping tells you the knowledge level around at 10:30PM in the Burrard Civic work yard

Ok cool. This one says it's 31% in the bottle. We were going to throw it in a cooler but we only have a gallon. Looking at it now we should probably cap this back up and just fill it?

The fact that I'm here helping tells you the knowledge level around at 10:30PM in the Burrard Civic work yard
Ya I've only ever used it just as it comes from the hardware store and flush very well after on things I've cleaned with it. Just use caution with it. Not friendly stuff. You don't wanna breath that stuff in or get it on you. Guess you don't have access to air compressor if you're doing it down on the dock but if you can blow air into it as it's soaking it will clean so much quicker and better than without.

Ya I've only ever used it just as it comes from the hardware store and flush very well after on things I've cleaned with it. Just use caution with it. Not friendly stuff. You don't wanna breath that stuff in or get it on you. Guess you don't have access to air compressor if you're doing it down on the dock but if you can blow air into it as it's soaking it will clean so much quicker and better than without.
Ok cool thanks. I'll hook it up to the truck exhaust.

Sorry and how long should this go for?

Holy crapola man. If you didn't have bad luck with that boat you wouldn't have any at all.

Pull the end caps and use a straightened coat hanger to clean the tubes, get some neoprene gasket material and make new gaskets. I've found lots of crap hung up inside mine that an acid wash won't touch. I've also had problems with corrosion on the inside of the caps. I use 1/4" SS plate and make new caps.

Back