Wanted: Shimano Trevala Jigging Rod

There are so many variations of that rod. You’ll need to be a lot more specific. Spin cast or level wind? Do you want a pool cue or a pool noodle?

There are so many variations of that rod. You’ll need to be a lot more specific. Spin cast or level wind? Do you want a pool cue or a pool noodle?
It would be for jigging for lingcod, a flexible rod, probably 20-40lbs rating, medium or medium light is fine too, and no longer than 8 feet, preferably around 6,6
In a perfect world, a rod that has a lot of flex and play but isn’t gonna break if I happen to ever hook a decent sized Hali

Think they have the 40-80 lb line rated rod that is kinda good for anything you want to throw at it. You'll have to search through the rod list and find a part number.

Have look at the TC66MH. Its my favourite. I have all of them just about but that one is my fav

Last edited:
I just picked up a Trevala TVC 66M2 which is a medium fast action medium power. 6’6” i’m mainly gonna be salmon jigging with this. Tyee Marine has a few more right now in fast action

I just picked up a Trevala TVC 66M2 which is a medium fast action medium power. 6’6” i’m mainly gonna be salmon jigging with this. Tyee Marine has a few more right now in fast action
I had one and sold it because I found it too short for salmon jigging although lots of people like them.If they made a longer model I would buy one again in the 8-9Ft. length,fast action.

I had one and sold it because I found it too short for salmon jigging although lots of people like them.If they made a longer model I would buy one again in the 8-9Ft. length,fast action.
I fish my 7'er light action for salmon all the time and love it, Especially when fishing alone and netting. I asked a Shimano rep one time if they would make an 8' or 9' rod out of the same blank and he flat out said no as they have other models in that length . Fishing salmon with that short Trevala is like fishing a sportscar compared to a 10.5' semitrailer

I personally like shorter jigging rods for the boat. Its not like you need to cast a mile and they store easier. Especially when you don't have to break them down

Last edited:
You'll love the light weight and responsiveness of the Trevala. I've caught springs, coho, ling and halibut all on the same TVC66MH rods. Amazingly versatile.

You'll love the light weight and responsiveness of the Trevala. I've caught springs, coho, ling and halibut all on the same TVC66MH rods. Amazingly versatile.
I love my med light 7'ers but I sure wish they made an 8'.

Im guessing the limit to that construction is about 7 ft.

So yes it would be nice to have a bit more length in the rod to help around the boat, but no rod can do it all. I have the annual WH charter that fills the freezer, so losing a few fish around the boat the rest of the year isn't depriving me of a vital food source. What I do get though is an adrenaline shot every time a fish smashes that jig, and loads of feel in the light rod regardless of bottom fish or salmon.

Back