wanted - power cord for smoker

scott craven

This is probably a stretch but...
does anyone have a power cord for a little/big chief ?
mine fried out due to a bad connection.

Thanks,

Scott

If you don't find one on here Scott. Try your local fishing store. I had to buy one a few years ago and it was cheap. I think Tyee Marine in Courtenay has one on the wall. I am sure lots of stores would have them or could order them in for you with in days.

Cheers,

Online 16-23 dollars. Just looked.

I think I got mine cheaper. But when I did mine I bought a new element as well. It was a complete rebuild...LOL

Hey Scott,

I think these are a fairly standard 3 prong AC cord with a notch on the female end. An old computer or TV likely has the same connector -- you might have to use a dremel to carve out the notch. I have seen guys post in some of the online smoking forums that they've gone to WalMart and purchased a hotplate with a temperature control and replaced the entire burner with one that has some variable control. The old element will typically only last 5-10 years.

when it's working again, I'll expect your first batch of smoked Pinks on my doorstep? :-)

i did exactly that a while ago, ran it part way through the table saw with the blade up 1/4" to notch it. The computer cords are the same gauge wiring as the smoker cord. I noticed yesterday that the government surplus sale on Glanford street in victoria has a bin full of computer cords for $1.00 each.

Back