WANTED: GARMIN GPSMAP Power Cord :WANTED

TelStar26

Im looking for a second power cord for my Garmin GPSMAP. I believe its garmin part # 010-10917-00
I would like to be able to run the machine from my house occasionally for inputting coordinants, and such.....

Chartplotter Power/Data Cable part number 010-10917-00 is for both the 400 and 500 series Garmin units. You don't need that unless you want a second station on your boat.

Your unit accepts SD data cards and has a SD card slot, which all SD cards will work on both the unit and your CPU. The only thing you need to do, is find a copy and install either of the software programs 'Home Port' or 'MapSource' on your CPU. Then insert the original Garmin SD card from your unit in your CPU SD card slot. Both of these programs will then download and upload all your user data onto the CPU. You can modify the user data and then it will upload back and display on the unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chartplotter Power/Data Cable part number 010-10917-00 is for both the 400 and 500 series Garmin units. You don't need that unless you want a second station on your boat.

Your unit accepts SD data cards and has a SD card slot, which all SD cards will work on both the unit and your CPU. The only thing you need to do, is find a copy and install either of the software programs 'Home Port' or 'MapSource' on your CPU. Then insert the original Garmin SD card from your unit in your CPU SD card slot. Both of these programs will then download and upload all your user data onto the CPU. You can modify the user data and then it will upload back and display on the unit.

Thanks, I was pretty excited, but checked my gps, and it looks like a larger than sd card that it uses for the maps....
bummer!!

Thanks, I was pretty excited, but checked my gps, and it looks like a larger than sd card that it uses for the maps....
bummer!!

The older units used a card that has to come from Garmin; however, the newer 400 and 500 series are ordinary SD cards. Whiich unit do you have?

FYI, MapSource will not read the G2 cards, you have to have and use HomePort.

Here is a couple of shots making a modification to a waypoint and adding a route on my CPU, using HomePort with the G2 card. Once the changes are made the information is stored right on the Garmin card, in the folder named 'Garmin' it is in 'UserData' subfolder. That subfolder is read directly by the unit. When you turn the unit on it will ask if you want to replace or merge the data. If have found it is better to replace, as if you merge the data, you will end up with double waypoints, especially if you rename them using your CPU.

HomePort.jpg

Homeport1.jpg

Go to the Garmin website and look for your unit, as that will tell you exactly what card is compatible. You can also get free updates for your particular unit - which I suggest be done:
http://www.garmin.com/us/support

I just sold my boat with a garmin 182 GPS and have left over a Garmin USB data card programer and a burned copy of Blue Chart which you can open with your map serial number I don't know if this is what will help or not but the card is sort of rectangular instead of flat like a sd card Maybe others know more LOL

This is mine: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=373
blue chart g2

Im pretty sure your usb data card programmer cord is what i need to access my older garmin cards via my pc. But im un sure if I will be able to use a program like homeport or simular, and add waypoints exc, to my factory loaded garmin card. Does anyone know?

I just sold my boat with a garmin 182 GPS and have left over a Garmin USB data card programer and a burned copy of Blue Chart which you can open with your map serial number I don't know if this is what will help or not but the card is sort of rectangular instead of flat like a sd card Maybe others know more LOL

This is mine: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=373
blue chart g2

Im pretty sure your usb data card programmer cord is what i need to access my older garmin cards via my pc. But im un sure if I will be able to use a program like homeport or simular, and add waypoints exc, to my factory loaded garmin card. Does anyone know?

I believe the two of you need to talk!

Insert that USB data card in your machine and download the 'User Data' - it will prompt you, so just follow the prompts.

FYI... You only need to import and export the 'User' data and that can be edited by using both 'MapSource' and/or 'HomePort'. 'User Data' is not locked and read by either program.

Both g2 and BlueChart are locked. If you go online you will find 'BlueChart' is very easy to unlock. You can find programs that will find and auto-unlock any and all 'BlueChart' on your CPU.

Both have to be unlocked to use on your CPU. Once the Garmin card is inserted into your GPS, it will load the device ID and both programs will use that ID to unlock the maps on that card, while that card is being used by either 'MapSource' or 'HomePort' on your CPU.

The g2 cards are different. You can copy the maps from the Garmin g2 card directly to a SD card and 'HomePort will find it and it will work on your CPU; however, the Garmin device itself looks for the lock code and the g2 card ID. No match – no work on the device! So, I would recommend copying the Garmin card to a SD card to use on the CPU; however, I would not recommend trying to hack that original Garmin g2 card, unless you know what you are doing... there really is no need.

'MapSource' will read 'BlueChart' it does not read the ‘g2’. 'HomePort' reads both. You can use either program to move add/delete waypoints, tracks, pre-plan routes, etc. If you want that detail of the ‘g2’ card on your CPU (really is not needed - but it is nice) you will need to get 'HomePort'.

Hope this helps!

Back