Wanted downrigger line Snaps

Anyone found a good source for downrigger line snaps similar to these https://amzn.to/3TlWbGO # ad.

The longline snaps are .75c-2$ a piece on Amazon but are only useful on the snubber. Happy to pay more for quality but between dummy flashers and quick release snaps, I go through a lot.
That design style will loose your release rig if it comes up and hits your downrigger pulley. PNT has a Korean made snap that is very reasonably priced and works extremely well for this application. They also carry numerous models and styles for all kinds of applications. Call Parksville or Steveston.

TroTac in Victoria may also have something too.

You'll want the two bends that hold onto the wire to be steeper angles and the single lock to rest tightly against the wire to hold its position as tight as possible.

Last edited:
That design style will loose your release rig if it comes up and hits your downrigger pulley. PNT has a Korean made snap that is very reasonably priced and works extremely well for this application. They also carry numerous models and styles for all kinds of applications. Call Parksville or Steveston.

You'll want the two bends that hold onto the wire to be steeper angles and the single lock to rest tightly against the wire to hold its position as tight as possible.
Thank you! I don't think I've ever made it into PNt. Another shop to stop at on the way up Island

This thread needs some pictures.
I am not googling Korean fish snaps again.
What a wasted afternoon that turned out to be.
Interesting, what part of the world are you in. I posted yesterday at 6:33pm. It's only 11:10am right now. The information that I provided will get you there. 🙂

these work way better from PNT they use em for cannonball snaps i use them stacking with a single orange bead on braid just got to take em off when the hit the stop if your running tuna chord or ganion bottom
IMG_2008.JPG

these work way better from PNT they use em for cannonball snaps i use them stacking with a single orange bead on braid just got to take em off when the hit the stop if your running tuna chord or ganion bottom
View attachment 110441
The Korean one @AGC posted creates the best direct grip. The curved Japanese clip on your release rig is primarily used on the end of your wire or Braid or stopper/ snubber rig to clip onto the main anchor eye of your cannonball. Both clips are top shelf.

Last edited:
But why do you go through a lot? I go through none. That being said I can make whatever you need if you have snaps
I don’t know maybe I loose half due to not securing them to the best spot on the snubber or dr line or them getting knocked off when an orange bead wasn’t well placed. Friends are often run the other downrigger and say things like, “dummy flasher is gone”. I don’t have the right system :)

I don’t know maybe I loose half due to not securing them to the best spot on the snubber or dr line or them getting knocked off when an orange bead wasn’t well placed. Friends are often run the other downrigger and say things like, “dummy flasher is gone”. I don’t have the right system :)
Don’t let “friends” touch your gear at any time. Problem solved!

Don’t let “friends” touch your gear at any time. Problem solved!
I'm the number one person to blame when I have lost gear plus I'm no control freak and want people to learn. I'm no guide, keeping the boat near the fish in current, lines clean, avoiding other boats, keeping two kids entertained and filming your buddy in the next boat catch $$ like I did yesterday is what I love to do.

Nice to find snaps at 50% of the cost of what I've been paying.

I still can't decide if scotty line stacker clips (2 clips one on the line and one on the dr line and a second little silver clip, or beads and these will be better!

I use the same snap type, and yeah it will fall off if it hits the rigger pulley. Solution I use is to tie a 12" safety line with its own snap swivel to attach to the rigger line. That way when the main snap pops off, the backup will save my from a $12 loss of the whole thing. About a $1 solution.

I use the same snap type, and yeah it will fall off if it hits the rigger pulley. Solution I use is to tie a 12" safety line with its own snap swivel to attach to the rigger line. That way when the main snap pops off, the backup will save my from a $12 loss of the whole thing. About a $1 solution.
I've probably posted this before on a different thread but I use this. Works for me.

Attachments

• IMG_9810.jpeg
    IMG_9810.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 59
Back