Wanted: 4 New MR2 or MR3 Islander Mooching Reels

mschellenberg

Looking to purchase 4 new MR2 or MR3 Islander mooching reels. New to the game but was recomended to this forum to begin the search. Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Just a "dumb" question.....but if you want "new"....why don't you go to your local tackle shop?? ;)

As a side note.....try looking on e-bay/craigslist/usedvictoria/usedvancouver etc.

Oh....and welcome to the forum!!

If you seek new, I know there are a few stores around who can easily procure them for you or get you a darn good deal on them. It's the "off season" for these items and I'm sure that if you think like a business man you'll get them for a fair price over the counter.

They have over 1000 on back order i was told, lol. What a great business, huh?

Victoria.... They have lost a couple key employee so they are a little behind at this point is my understanding... :)

I know that 3 lower mainland tackle shops have stock in MR3's right now. In addition, across the line there are a few shops which have them in stock too!

Victoria.... They have lost a couple key employee so they are a little behind at this point is my understanding... :)
A couple key employee's, wonder if there may be a spin-off company coming????

Glad you found the forum mschellenberg. Good chance that new or even somewhat used MR3's will come up on here fairly often. And much cheaper than at most Alberta store prices.

Thanks for the info folks!...much appreciated!. Have gotten down to the $500 mark through this forum so very helpful. Had no idea they were that back ordered so I guess I'll be needing to make a decision soon. Gonna search some US sites as well. In Alberta and not finding a lot of local help on this for obvious reasons! Was shocked that Big Bass Proshop here in Calgary does not carry the Islander line...at least online anyways...gonna pop by there this afternoon...

Pretty sure i saw a sale at Gone Fishin for $469 or some thing like that for their Ladies Night sale.

SS

If you can find a new MR3 for $ 469, take it. It must be a one-off deal. I shopped all last winter and got the best deal I could find at $ 539-549 (approx) for a pair of golds. I'm sure the MSRP is in the high fives and they seem to try to protect that. Everyone I talked to said they had little latitude to move on Islanders. May be bs as they know they can sell them......

Anybody used ARMR2's, MR2's or MR3's??? The anti reverse on the ARMR2's seem like a nice option. Having a lot of trouble deciding between the 3 reels. Many varying opinions out there. Guess some times you just gotta take chance...

Try Tyee Marine in Campbell River.
Roger Kirk is the man to talk to and he can fix you up.
Just bot another gold MR3 for myself for Christmas.
Merry Christmas to me!!!

Back