Wanted: 150hp 4stroke

advTHXance

Looking for a 150hp or greater 4 stroke in good condition to slap on my new tinny. Preferably low hours, preferably yamaha, preferably reasonably priced and local.

Thank you kindly in advance.

Looking for a 150hp or greater 4 stroke in good condition to slap on my new tinny. Preferably low hours, preferably yamaha, preferably reasonably priced and local.

Thank you kindly in advance.
Let me know if you stumble upon a 150 merc while on your yammy hunt! Newer/low hours. :cool:

Yah I saw the Evinrude etec blowout sales... Not sure I want a 2stroke, or an evinrude. If im buying new Ill probably just spend a few more grand and get a 4 stroke suzuki or yamaha. Maybe even a mercury. Probably do a bit more brand research before I make a decision like that though. I love my yamahas but they are definitely more expensive than the other brands.

You can get a 140 Suzuki rigged up for under $15k so I think the bast bang for buck is that. Also it will be broken in right and have warranty/no hidden surprises.

Last edited:
Yah I saw the Evinrude etec blowout sales... Not sure I want a 2stroke, or an evinrude. If im buying new Ill probably just spend a few more grand and get a 4 stroke suzuki or yamaha. Maybe even a mercury. Probably do a bit more brand research before I make a decision like that though. I love my yamahas but they are definitely more expensive than the other brands.

If evinrude/brp was going to continue I would not hesitate. But a supermodel powered by alien technology with little support... very hard to work with if something goes wrong...

Bump

Still looking for a 2016-2020 Merc 150
Prefer 20” but can modify transom to fit a 25.
@lemmy put me on to a nice one at Alberni Power last week but it sold same day.
2017 w/ 354 hours
Thanks for the effort though!

Budget 9-12k

Bump

Still looking for a 2016-2020 Merc 150
Prefer 20” but can modify transom to fit a 25.
@lemmy put me on to a nice one at Alberni Power last week but it sold same day.
2017 w/ 354 hours
Thanks for the effort though!

Budget 9-12k
I was just going to say...I traded in my 2017 150 a month ago at APM. Sold quick, wow!

Back