Wanted: 11' Harbercraft Flyfisher

TexBC

Hello everyone,

Wanted: 11' Harbercraft Flyfisher in good condition.

I'm putting this out there proactively in case any of you were considering selling. Finally have both he space for storage and cash to purchase - will be something I'd like to have for a family fishing boat in the many years ahead.

Please PM or call/text me.

Thanks!

Spencer (778-two two seven-8898)

I pretty much get unsolicited offers on my 9’ Flyfisher every time I use it, including a guy who wanted to trade me straight up for his Spratley cuz it was just too heavy for getting up and down on his truck racks. I’ve considered letting it go a few times, but just so good for its application (small stillwater) it’d be too hard to replace. Good luck with your search!

Cheers!

Ukee

I pretty much get unsolicited offers on my 9’ Flyfisher every time I use it, including a guy who wanted to trade me straight up for his Spratley cuz it was just too heavy for getting up and down on his truck racks. I’ve considered letting it go a few times, but just so good for its application (small stillwater) it’d be too hard to replace. Good luck with your search!

Cheers!

Ukee
Hey Ukee - thanks!

I know they don't get sold often, but this time of year some people are changing boats over or making new plans, so I figure it never hurts to ask. :)

Cheers,
Spence

A bit of unsolicited (and tongue-in-cheek) advice ... the 11-footer practically begs your buddies to ask to tag along, whereas the 9-footer pretty much ensures it’s a solo boat so two rods and no disagreements on where to fish or when to move, etc.

In all seriousness, I have fished in a buddy’s 11-footer a few times and while more than doable given the excellent footprint and stability for its weight, the 11-footer, imho, is really still a one-person boat. If looking for something for two people on more than a very rare occasion I’d strongly recommend considering a 1448 or larger Jon boat. Anyway, long-winded way of saying don’t rule out the 9-footer as equally good as a solo boat and, given how rarely they come available, increases your chances of locating one.

Cheers!

Ukee

A bit of unsolicited (and tongue-in-cheek) advice ... the 11-footer practically begs your buddies to ask to tag along, whereas the 9-footer pretty much ensures it’s a solo boat so two rods and no disagreements on where to fish or when to move, etc.

In all seriousness, I have fished in a buddy’s 11-footer a few times and while more than doable given the excellent footprint and stability for its weight, the 11-footer, imho, is really still a one-person boat. If looking for something for two people on more than a very rare occasion I’d strongly recommend considering a 1448 or larger Jon boat. Anyway, long-winded way of saying don’t rule out the 9-footer as equally good as a solo boat and, given how rarely they come available, increases your chances of locating one.

Ukee - good points, and understood. I'm not overly concerned about buddies tagging along - they all have their own boats and prefer to fish from them. It's more meant for taking my wife with me, and potentially a future little one. Neither of us are very large (I'm 5'9", she's 5'5", and we're both under 150lbs) and wouldn't have a problem with the two of us in a boat this size.

Cheers!

Back