Wanted: 1000' of prawn line.

smokedvw

I have 3 sets of trap line I'd like to replace. Also curious if anyone knows where to buy it for a decent price if I can't find it used.

Go down to fisherman’s wharf and look for commercial prawn boats- they re-new their ground lines after two years of use. You can get a 3000 foot line, usually 5/16 inch 3 strand for around $150.

I have 3 sets of trap line I'd like to replace.
A friend showed me a new system that makes a lot of sense. He attaches traps with the standard lead line. The line from the float down to the first trap looks like 300lb test braid on a spool with a roller over the side of the boat he can operate with a cordless drill. I have to say it works amazing and stows neatly away.

A friend showed me a new system that makes a lot of sense. He attaches traps with the standard lead line. The line from the float down to the first trap looks like 300lb test braid on a spool with a roller over the side of the boat he can operate with a cordless drill. I have to say it works amazing and stows neatly away.
Been thinking about this for fishing high current areas. The owner says it would work perfectly. I'm not 100% convinced. Would be perfect for prawning while going for Halibut. https://promarineproducts.com/colle...pro-thin-line-hauler-for-prawn-and-crab-traps

Back