Victoria Police Report Rash of thefts of boats and motors

Just to add to this as well Pedder Bay sent out a message that some downriggers were stolen from the docks a few days ago.

My coworker last night had his new motorbike stolen. 3 thieves walked down the street and a flatbed truck followed them with no licence plate on the flat bed cleaned out the whole block of toys. Caught it all on the neighbors cameras out in aldergrove. All happened between 3 and 4 am. Cops came out and told them its happening lots. They used a poll to move the bikes that were locked. They used a crowbar to bend up some garage doors to get under them.

My coworker last night had his new motorbike stolen. 3 thieves walked down the street and a flatbed truck followed them with no licence plate on the flat bed cleaned out the whole block of toys. Caught it all on the neighbors cameras out in aldergrove. All happened between 3 and 4 am. Cops came out and told them its happening lots. They used a poll to move the bikes that were locked. They used a crowbar to bend up some garage doors to get under them.
Thats super ******! What part of Aldergrove?

Someone actually stole my catalytic converter on my 25 year old toyota while it sat at the Ladysmith ramp over the long weekend. Came back, fired it up, immediately knew what had happened.

On the plus side, the theatrical, overly dramatic ear-plugging and glares a couple of Evelyns (which is what I call white-haired Karens) gave me while I dragged the boat back up the steep hills of Ladysmith really warmed my heart and every time I get annoyed about the expense of replacing the cat, I picture their impotent rage and it's all totally worthwhile.

Someone actually stole my catalytic converter on my 25 year old toyota while it sat at the Ladysmith ramp over the long weekend. Came back, fired it up, immediately knew what had happened.

On the plus side, the theatrical, overly dramatic ear-plugging and glares a couple of Evelyns (which is what I call white-haired Karens) gave me while I dragged the boat back up the steep hills of Ladysmith really warmed my heart and every time I get annoyed about the expense of replacing the cat, I picture their impotent rage and it's all totally worthwhile.

saw someone driving down the highway today BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG, obviously their catalytic had been cut out along with what was holding up their muffler looked like every back of the catalytic was gone and the rest of the pipes were just bouncing off the ground.

Hey my 5 month old daughter is named Evelyn. I hope the name doesn’t turn into the new Karen hahahah. I’m pretty sure if you’re named Evelyn, your less than 2 years old or older than 90 lol

saw someone driving down the highway today BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG, obviously their catalytic had been cut out along with what was holding up their muffler looked like every back of the catalytic was gone and the rest of the pipes were just bouncing off the ground.
The neighbour at work has a plywood box screwed down to his parking spot that he parks over. Makes it damn near impossible to cut off the cat. He had like 3 cats stolen in a year before the box. Can’t leave anything out overnight in Surrey.

My neighbour is a mechanic at a big dealership and tells me they had to put big steel skid plates under the cats of some organization's bus fleet in Nanaimo. Tamper proof screws and everything.

Crazy to have this problem in a province with so many trees, in an era when rope can be had so cheaply.

Not exactly your transient crackhead scenario...

Going to ask that we don't continue to veer off topic and turn this into a discussion about theft in general. There is always a possibility of theft of fishing related items from our property and good to know if there is a sudden rash of it happening in a particular area, but we need to stick to the thread topic/area as an awareness piece. Don't really want to have an endless discussion about theft here. We all know it is rampant, but it won't be solved here.

Back