Vancouver Island Lakes

devwils

hello all,

im hoping to get some insight on some mid island- north island lakes (Port Alberni to Campbell) that produce decent sized cutties or rainbows. I'm tired of fishing all the stocked rainbows 9-13inches and hoping to get into some larger fish on the fly. You don't need to share your secret locations but a general area or lake would be nice.

Thanks!

For big cutties you want the lakes that have salmon fry holding in them from sockeye...think Nimpkish, Great Central, Sproat. But these are big lakes that require a boat and you will be dealing with the usual summer time boating traffic. Additionally there are a couple lakes that have been fertilized to increase fish size, if you google them you can find them, Reginald Lake north of Campbell being one.

Thanks JuBy.

I'm planning trying sprout this weekend up by the Taylor River end. I didn't have luck catching anything big out of reginald, but have heard of big fish caught there.

comox lake has some big cutties. like devwils said though, you will need a boat because it's a big lake and trolling is your best bet.

Thanks JuBy.

I'm planning trying sprout this weekend up by the Taylor River end. I didn't have luck catching anything big out of reginald, but have heard of big fish caught there.
Reginald can be tough in the heat

CR Greg

Back