Value of suzuki outboards

fytfire

Thinking about selling my twin 2005 suzuki 140hp outboards with 500 hrs and going to a single 300hp. How would I determine the value of my engines that are in mint shape. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers

why change df140 are great motors sold mine with 1300 hrs for 11500 and still run great

Thinking about selling my twin 2005 suzuki 140hp outboards with 500 hrs and going to a single 300hp. How would I determine the value of my engines that are in mint shape. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers

why change df140 are great motors sold mine with 1300 hrs for 11500 and still run great

I agree they are fantastic motors and I've had zero issues with them. With the amount of hours I put on trolling I figure a kicker and a single main is a better option, also I would be looking at a 250 pound weight savings which would result in even better fuel savings. Right now I'm just kicking the idea around but figure my 140's are worth something now.

Yes worth Keeping on the Boat !! By the sound of it you do not get out enough to worry about fuel savings, 500hrs since 2005 and you troll on those motors, Keep them.

to get a baseline price multiply by the number of hours X $10.00 (standard commercial depreciation).In your case this is $5000.00 per engine. Take your initial purchase price minus tax , props and rigging.and minus out the depreciaton , giving your baseline. (if you paid $15000. each , they are now worth $10,000.)

Obviously they're are a lot of variables here , made , maintenance , condition,engine age , and what market you are in but this will give you a starting point.

beemer

I ran those Suzuki 140's. Loved them! very reliable. 500 hours? Those motors are just getting started. I know its nice to have new stuff but the as the old saying goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Gota agree, keep those babies. They aren't even broke in. Everyone I know who has them has been extremely happy. In fact it was topic of discussion at our table at PSF dinner and one of guys is a Susie Mechanic and he couldn't recall many issues with the 140's, basically called them bullet proof.

Appreciate the advise boys! I've decided to keep running them and look at my options next season. Cheers

I too have twin 140 suzuki's , love em...... best motors i,ve ever had.
Talk with IAN at Brant Marine in Ladner , he is a great guy and very honest , he will have a buyer for you in a flash.
I will take one off your hands for my other boat.
PM me....

Back