Used Lobster Traps 4Sale

GLG

Used Lobster Traps 4Sale

Posting for a commercial fisherman out in Newfoundland

320px-Lobster_trap.jpg

Used lobster traps for sale $241.52 each. They don’t work anymore, as most of the lobsters are gone. Have 47,200 of them so do the math, and yes I would like one buyer but will break up the set if the general public has the dough. They would make great coffee tables and you could sit back and put your feet on them. Nice keepsake to tell your grandchildren stories of how we use to fish them before the lobsters disappeared.
More info can be found here.
http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/media/npress-communique/2011/nl-tnl09-eng.htm

Ouch........

Lobsters on the West Coast? A few escaped from pens. Never heard of anyone catching them in traps out here. Wrong coast.

Lobsters on the West Coast? A few escaped from pens. Never heard of anyone catching them in traps out here. Wrong coast.

They were released years ago here on the west coast, but they forgot to remove the rubber bands. They have been released by religious freaks and have been caught here on the west coast. I remeber a guy that caught one in Deep Cove... It does happen...Reallly

GLG,, something wrong with that price,$241.25 ?? When I lived in NB, my kids used to pick them up on the beach. They had lots of fun untangling the ropes from the traps that had been washed up on the beach. Traps IMHO not worth more then $20 used. ..........BB

$11.4 Million worth of lobster traps. No wonder he is selling. That could buy a LOT of retirement! Lobster fishing was never that good.

Sorry guys they have all been sold....... to DFO.
11 million dollars for the used traps and another 7 million dollars for there trouble.
Less traps in the water..... more lobsters to perhaps spawn.
Another example of how this department spends tax payers dollars to subsidize the commercial fishermen.
Why can't they buy out slipper skipper and put the halibut quota to recreation sector.
Way better return on investment IMHO.
GLG

I've been reading along this post...still unsure if this is a joke or reality. Either way it works out to a good laugh, for better or for worse.

The more I read about DFO, the more respect I have for my dog.

My girlfriend has persisted for over a year now that she saw a crab fisherman at the belcarra pier pull up a lobster. She wasn't wearing her glasses so I doubted, and poked quite abit of fun at her day blindness....maybe she was right...better not let her see this haha!!

PS

You're excused.

All kidding aside divers did get a couple of lobster in Saanich a number of years ago. DFO knew they were there but discredited the guys who caught them to discourage a run on them.

Well the by's in the bays in PEI are willing to sell for a whole lot less ! Pic taken in Oct this year...

IMGP2547.jpg

Back