upholstery

marula

Where in Victoria area can I get some marine vinyl upholstery. I have some seats and such to redo.

Thanks

We buy ours at Fabricland. They have ~12 colors and it fairly often goes on sale at 20-50% off so we keep an eye out for a good sale and buy next years in advance as we redo the seats every year.

Not a huge range of color selections but if they have one that works for you what they have is very heavy duty, good quality material. We have not had a rip yet and we have hundreds of people each year walking all over them, dragging scuba gear, fishing gear etc.

I think it is charlie price ,, he is in metchosin,, support the local guys:)

Do you guys upholster the seats yourselves. Can you make it look professional or does it look very home made?

Do you guys upholster the seats yourselves. Can you make it look professional or does it look very home made?

You can do a reasonable job yourself, but you need a good staple gun,a box of s.s. staples, and 2 pairs of hands.
With the right fabric one person stretches it across the frame
and the other secures the ends and and staples it.
Make sure you use stainless staples ! i used normal staples
once and within days they rusted leaving nasty rust stains.

I found a great selection of vinyal at capital iron on the 4th floor. I have not been there a while, they have quite the marine selection now.

Back