Ucluelet

• Thread starter Thread starter saltybeaver
  • Start date Start date
S

saltybeaver

My buddy has been bugging me to go up there and fish, checked out a couple reports it looks pretty good for salmon and halibut .
not to sure about my boat but my friend has lots of confidence and knows the area .http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j6/1611BOB/IM000745.jpg
[url]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j6/1611BOB/IM000748.jpg[/url]

any reports ?
chris

I fish Ucluelet a lot and would not venture out there in anything less than a 19 foot equipped with a GPS, sounder and VHF (radar is also a good idea)adn an auxilliary motre. May, June and July fishing is mostly offshore from 5-23 miles. The seas turn ugly in a hurry and you need to ensure your boat will get you back.

The fishing can be incredible, but safety always comes first.

You should be okay close to town later in the year. September can be awfull nice. Just be ready for fog.
F.M. you notice the fish come later this past year?? I'm talking near shore.

I would suggest the buddy boat 2) boat system for sure!

Amphetrite point produced many a nice spring for us in mid to late August last year as well as Ampphetrite bank... It was completly not necessary to run to Big Bank in August last year for lot of Big mutts were in tight. Although the usual Big Bank Spots were on fire...

As F.M. said it does get ugly quick and the fog is relentless as is the busy boat traffic. I would not be comfortable to go offshore at all without Radar myself, those Polish Freezer Packers and various draggers are huge as well as fast.

There are lots of spots to fish throughout the Broken group and big hali are caught anually in tight off the green can Buoy off Uci harbour...

Saltydawg, I fish Uclulet in June/July, so always offshore, weather permitting. Much less fog in June and early July and much less crowds. Last year the fish were a bit smaller and lots of the closer spots produced. We fished Big Bank and Stinky hole for teenagers and the odd 20+. Also in closer at inner Southbank, which is only 3.5 miles offshore. Never did fish in the rockpiles. I like the offshore fishing as less crowded and lots of butts, especially at Big Bank. Often in June, can do well at the red can off of the Amphritrite Light, or over at Cree.

Am heading out there June 24 for 4 days...

Going in late AUgust with some old geezers - father in law and his cronies - charter westcoastfish

been a few time before always had fun

Back