Tsunami Panga

I saw him out in Tofino last week. I think it would be fine, just everything is a trade off. Hard to sell, moore and store due to the length, and rarity in the West coast.

Have you ever had an open boat, with a tiller? I love them but you need some awesome clothing and hats. I'm looking for a 16 StarCraft ocean hull I could convert to a tiller, like my dad did. Good for CR and nice days on the west coast.

That's what I was thinking!
I have done tiller and we have storm gear but I would like to be a little more comfortable than that. I copied screen shots of that one.

Last edited:
the model they showcased with the hard pilothouse or whatever you would call it on that 22ft looked awesome. Dont like the small back deck part but maybe it could be moved slightly forward? Love the concept

same as an open bow boat. wont you freeze ? get flooded with waves over the bow ?

I routinely take my Nava 28 footer 50+ miles offshore here in Mexico but is a center console with twins. Can be a little wet some afternoons running back in if the winds are 15-25 knots on the beam for sure. I think they are an excellent type of boat myself but you would want to pick your days in that part of the world as with any open boat. I have personally never come close to stuffing the bow as it is high and the physics of buoyancy and horsepower seem to keep that from happening. The local commercial guys here mostly fish out of 23-25 foot tiller setups with good results.

So that was a turn of events! 76' 18' Double Eagle with 115 hp Tohatsu with 380 hours, electric start 8 hp Tohatsu with Stainless prop guard and steering tie bar. 2 downriggers, Lawrence Elite electronics, full canopy in like new condition, galvanized trailer, under seat tanks, full gauge package.
$3800

I was wondering what everyone thinks about using a Panga up here on the Ocean for fishing.
Campbell River to the green can and further.

There's a book called 438 days, true story, where a guy named Salvador Alvarenga broke down 100NM west of Southern Mexico and crossed the Pacific in his small 25FT PANGA washed up in the Marshall Islands, 438 days later. I'm a fan of the Panga.

There's a book called 438 days, true story, where a guy named Salvador Alvarenga broke down 100NM west of Southern Mexico and crossed the Pacific in his small 25FT PANGA washed up in the Marshall Islands, 438 days later. I'm a fan of t
There is a guy that fishes out of where i live that had a similar problem and drifted for 8 months and was also found near the Marshall islands by a trawler. There is no rescue type organization at all here and we just look out for each other, i have redundancy of radios and nav and also an inreach but most only have a handheld gps and radio if it's working.

There's a book called 438 days, true story, where a guy named Salvador Alvarenga broke down 100NM west of Southern Mexico and crossed the Pacific in his small 25FT PANGA washed up in the Marshall Islands, 438 days later. I'm a fan of the Panga.
I like Pangas. Sold my wife on the idea if I still want Panga I have trailer, main and kicker power, electronics and radio and 2 downriggers. Sell the bare hull?

Back