Trout Beads: Any Opinions?

Steelhead S2

Anyone out there fish with beads for steelers? My number one choice is rubber eggs (it's also my number two and thee!) and I can't think why hard beads wouldn't work. Plus, there are some very interesting patterns available. And they'd probably last longer too. Here's a link to the trout beads site: http://www.troutbeads.com/Products.html

If you do fish with them, how do you rig them? On the website, they suggest positioning the bead a couple inches above the hook, rather than right on the hook. Do others do this? What's the advantage?

Trout beads? Never heard of them, they don't work. Especially the washed out orange one with the dark eye painted on. If i was to ever use one, I might tie a piece of mono thru both the holes and hang it off the hook like a roe bag. That would be a single set up. If i wanted to use a couple I'd tie a double egg loop knot or tie them up in a mesh like a roe bag.....just a thought

They don't work- I would never us them-especially if they're any spawning salmon around =:D

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
| <°)))>< <°)))><
| <°)))>< <°)))><
|
|
¿ >°)))><

I have been tying bead body wooly buggers and having good success using them in both rivers and lakes. Just slip them on to form the body with a wrap of hackle between each bead and the standard marabou tail. Bit of a pain to tie but they have worked well for me.

I use mottled 8mm only. Slip it on your leader line and hold in place with a tooth pick, tie a sparce amount of white or extreamly lite pink yarn on. I mostly use a size 1 octopus hook. I catch Browns, Rainbow, Cuttie, Steelhead, Dollies, Coho, Chum and Springs.
So to answer your question. Yes they work. They work damn good.

Have Fun.

Back