Transducer angle advice

Knudy

I am a bit of a newbie to this, so seeking some advice. I have mounted my transducer ( 50/200 Lowarance on Elite 5 ) and I am picking up the lines which I am fishing at the front of the screen. Should my angle be adjusted on the mount to point forward more?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Transducer NEEDS to point straight down; parallel to the waterline on the hull.

Did you follow the install instructions?

Transducer NEEDS to point straight down; parallel to the waterline on the hull.

Did you follow the install instructions?
Yep, followed them and it points down. Just wondering about how much the angle is changed when the boat is loaded and in the water (small boat). I get bottom structure and contour, but thought that maybe it was pointing to far back, as I pick up the cannonballs or flashers in the screen.

I would suggest slightly pointed up in the front as well as even with the hull. That allows the water to flow over the transducer, reading the bottom as you go. If it is points down or back, it allows the water flow to cavitate, scrambling your reading somewhat. It's not to hard to adjust as you go if you can safely reach it. Good Luck.;) eman

There should be no lines showing if you mounted your transducer correctly. your downrigger cables should be at a 45 degree angle off when trolling so they will be outside the beam.

There should be no lines showing if you mounted your transducer correctly. your downrigger cables should be at a 45 degree angle off when trolling so they will be outside the beam.
As fishin_magician suggested....cables at a 45 degree angle. You may be traveling too slow causing canon balls/cables to show up.

As fishin_magician suggested....cables at a 45 degree angle. You may be traveling too slow causing canon balls/cables to show up.

30-45 degree angle all the time, I always watch my line angle and speed over ground. One of the downriggers is mounted at the mid bench though (14' alu), but even still, should be out of the picture @ 45 degrees and 100+ feet down.

Ok. Tilt the transducer a bit more down...like it's a trim tab.

Is there any other clutter on the screen? Turn your fish ID OFF. Turn your sensitivity down to 75%.

Are you sure you're looking at your lines/ball/cable? A lot of fish finders on auto settings show way too much crap...noise, interference, etc.

Do you watch your cable Lower on the screen?

If it's your cable you're looking at...there's not much you can do then.

Ok. Tilt the transducer a bit more down...like it's a trim tab.

Is there any other clutter on the screen? Turn your fish ID OFF. Turn your sensitivity down to 75%.

Are you sure you're looking at your lines/ball/cable? A lot of fish finders on auto settings show way too much crap...noise, interference, etc.

Do you watch your cable Lower on the screen?

If it's your cable you're looking at...there's not much you can do then.
Thank you. Yes, saw the cable go down and then solid line at depth. Fish ID is off as well as auto sensitivity. I'll dial it down a bit more as well, as I think that I am running around 90%. I will tilt it forward another notch and see how it goes. Thank you very much, I appreciate input from experienced users.

Thank you. Yes, saw the cable go down and then solid line at depth. Fish ID is off as well as auto sensitivity. I'll dial it down a bit more as well, as I think that I am running around 90%. I will tilt it forward another notch and see how it goes. Thank you very much, I appreciate input from experienced users.

You're welcome....and good luck.

Back