Titan Trophy Replacement Butt Rubber

LastTurn

Looking for the replacement rubber butt end for a 10’6” Titan Trophy Power 3 mooching rod.

Nothing available in Campbell River or Courtenay. Any suggestions where I can find one?

Attachments

• IMG_1970.jpeg
    IMG_1970.jpeg
    264.3 KB · Views: 29
Looking for the replacement rubber butt end for a 10’6” Titan Trophy Power 3 mooching rod.

Nothing available in Campbell River or Courtenay. Any suggestions where I can find one?
Impossible, I tried.

3D printed is the only way. Or replace the whole butt piece

I like the 3d printer idea would need to scan one to make one though and my old rod needs retirement before that happens

I like the 3d printer idea would need to scan one to make one though and my old rod needs retirement before that happens
You can always scan the butt end too. Should be enough to get the drawing started. But yeah, easier to scan the rubber.

Wonder if making one out of wood from a handle or large wooden dowel peg would work drill one end to fit and round the other end on a belt sander or lathe

Try Harbour Chandler. Or Highwater Tackle in North Van. They replaced the rubber end piece for me a few years ago when I needed one.

I know it doesn't look to great, buy if you go to a health/pharmacy store you may be able to find the rubber nob that is used at the bottom of a cane. Not pretty, but effective. Also, I had to glue my plastic nob on my Richmake rod, so I went to Home Hardware after trying Gone Fishing where they told me to try Marine JB Weld. Seems to be holding.

I used to get slide on butt caps made for two main sizes of handle. The large one would fit. PNT Parksville will have what is left of that stock. They were black in colour approximately 31/2 inches. Warm them up under hot water, slide on. They will never come off and will last longer than the rod. They were about $3 each.

Im fairly certain I have a couple for some reason. I’m in CR. Worth having a look at least. I’ll try and find them

Thanks to RiverBoy for finding a butt cap that fit. Much appreciated.

On my search I came across a replacement butt cap on Amazon. Included a pic below.

Attachments

• IMG_0627.png
    IMG_0627.png
    640.4 KB · Views: 41
Back