Tilt/Trim Noise. Normal?

Baxter

When my tilt maxes out in the up position I get a horrible noise. Does not do it when down.
Is this normal? (Yam F90, 42hrs)

calling the dealer on Monday but would be great to have some info in my back pocket when I speak to them.

I also have a leak, also will be addressed Monday. All should be covered by warranty.

Noise does not appear related to leak as I topped up fluid and it still made it.

Attachments

• D9F6A1F7-2C19-43C3-B1F9-C53EF5478FAA.jpeg
    D9F6A1F7-2C19-43C3-B1F9-C53EF5478FAA.jpeg
    247.7 KB · Views: 6
When my tilt maxes out in the up position I get a horrible noise. Does not do it when down.
Is this normal? (Yam F90, 42hrs)

calling the dealer on Monday but would be great to have some info in my back pocket when I speak to them.

I also have a leak, also will be addressed Monday. All should be covered by warranty.

Noise does not appear related to leak as I topped up fluid and it still made it.
Maxed up, a bypass valve relieves the hydraulic pressure when the pump is operating. Yes, they make some noise.

think there is a bit of air in there also due to possible low level , but they do make a different sound at end of travel

they do make different noises at top and bottom but it sounds like there is air in the system due to the leak, the noise you are hearing sound like its getting an air bubble in the pump not a big deal if it is, because it will work its way out of the system, but it could also be that you have a paticularly noisy valve,

they do make different noises at top and bottom but it sounds like there is air in the system due to the leak, the noise you are hearing sound like its getting an air bubble in the pump not a big deal if it is, because it will work its way out of the system, but it could also be that you have a paticularly noisy valve,
Sounds like when they fix the lead and bleed the sound will likely go away then?

if it is a noisy valve, is that something that should be replaced or doesn’t matter?
I’m assuming all will be covered by warranty so definitely want it sorted while it won’t cost me anything

Sounds like when they fix the lead and bleed the sound will likely go away then?

if it is a noisy valve, is that something that should be replaced or doesn’t matter?
I’m assuming all will be covered by warranty so definitely want it sorted while it won’t cost me anything
I’ve had brand new replacement releif valves in hydraulic systems that had the same noisy issue, there are a few different designs and all are a bit noisy simply because you are causing it to vibrate while it opens and closes. full metal valves are the noisiest, some systems have a ball that sits in a plastic seat which tend to be quieter, as long as there doesn’t appear to be any metallic particles in the oil its generally nothing to be concerned about. but if Its under warranty it wouldnt hurt to bring it up with your service centre, because as long as you report it now and they record that you reported it, and it fails after warranty you can still usually get it replaced under warranty. or they think there is an issue and replace it and you are good to go. but I think more than likely there was some air trapped on one side of the piston inside that cylinder, and your are hearing it cavitate, they should have a process for bleeding the air out, they quite possibly didnt do that.

Just dropped off at Dealer. Service guy said he thinks it will be covered by warranty but they have to do a report and send to Yamaha for approval.

Said sometimes if there is a knick in the ram it can trash the seal - if that is the case, not covered under warranty. Although rare for a motor this new. I checked the ram and from what my untrained eyes, fingers, and fingernail can tell it is flawless, so guessing just a faulty seal or some other issue that will be covered by warranty.

He didn't seem concerned about the noise at all, but said his techs will check it out. I'll report back when I officially find out what's up :)

Got a call back. Yamaha approved the work to have it resealed. Parts are on order. Will see if that also changes the noise at all.

Figured warranty would approve it, could not see why they would reject it - but a relief when you get official word.

Back