Thompson River Jacks

UkeeDreamin

The Thompson River is absolutely lousy with Chinook jacks right now. Very easy limits this morning for my buddy and I float fishing with small amounts of cured roe. Not in prime shape anymore but still bright and flesh firm enough it should be good smoking. 6 reds and two whites for us today. All 2-3lbs. Only open until Friday.

Ukee

Finally got time off work to hit it this weekend with my son. Hopefully it won't be too busy with a report like that. lol Sounds like the pinks aren't a problem yet getting to the springs? Did you go up river at all to try for adult springs?

Didn't see a single pink, but the rainbows were a nuisance for the first half-hour. No interest in adult springs as I have a winter supply worth of chinook and coho vacuum packed and in the freezer from my various trips out on the salt chuck in Ucluelet this summer. I mistakenly said only open until Friday but it's open through Sunday so this is the last weekend. Regardless, the river wasn't busy at all at any of the popular places and we drove nearly the whole river yesterday. Apparently salmon being caught all the way from Lytton to the outlet at Savona so lots of room to fish.

Ukee

Back