thin gloves for fishing

Olde School

Hello.

Do you know what brand the black gloves are that some guides use?
The gloves are as thin as surgical gloves.
I've tried the white nonlatex ones but they don't last very long at all, mono cuts them up.
Apparently the black ones are pretty good protection from constant saltwater exposure.

Also, where can they be purchased?

Thanks.

I believe you are thinking of mechanics gloves. Heavy duty version of latex gloves basically. I got a box from Princess Auto or any auto parts store should have them.

Medical supply places sell a type of nitrile glove that's more or less Purple in colour seen them both on the water and in the hospital.

Grease monkey gloves yellow box Use them for work and fishing.

Just bought some 15 mil Grease Monkey gloves at CT.
The sale ends tonight, so better go today if you want some.

Btw- 8 mil gloves are black and the 15 mil are blue. Not that the colour really matters.

Hello.

Do you know what brand the black gloves are that some guides use?
The gloves are as thin as surgical gloves.
I've tried the white nonlatex ones but they don't last very long at all, mono cuts them up.
Apparently the black ones are pretty good protection from constant saltwater exposure.

Also, where can they be purchased?

Thanks.

We use gorilla brand, they're black. Seem pretty good.

Yea grease monkey. Some of the welders ware them at work. Not my thing but those things are pretty tuff

Wearing gloves are ok but if you get any moisture in them thats where you get into trouble especially handling a lot of fish you can get infections and rash's .if they are leaking grab another one.
I have a lil bucket of soap and bleach water in boat and after i handle fish and such, always wash my hands and dry them with a clean towel , seen some nasty infections from leaking gloves and not cleaning hands off. and once you have an infection wearing gloves sometimes only compounds the problem as your hands cant breathe, (ask a nurse some of them too get it working)
im lucky ive never had any issues.

Good luck Wolf

Try Blackhawk gloves from Dicks Lumber. Use them all the time and they are great .... less than $10. Not so much for handling fish but for all other aspects of fishing they are great.

I'm actually worried more about cutting hands than infection because I don't handle that many fish in a season.Seen and heard of some nasty cuts over the years.Anybody using Kevlar gloves or something else to prevent cuts?

Ray your supposed to cut the fish not your fingers LOL I remember as a chef they wanted us to wear those gloves ... and part of knife skills is the feel of the knife etc with the gloves I tried too stiff and bulky, if your ever at my dock ill filet the fish for you ok :)

Back