tackle grabber at the mouth of Capilano River

whaler

I have lost 2 cannon balls at the mouth of the Capilano R in 2 days fishing--one at 28 feet and one at 38--in 100 feet of water. Line was cut instantly, as if hitting something and looked like a clean cut. I am new to the area. Chart says cable area but I would have thought the gear was well above--Anyone with similar experience? Thanks.

wow that's harsh something must have wedged in somehow. usually stay off the light so I went through there the other day exactly 100ft.

Loosen your downrigger brake so it will pay out line if it gets caught on something. gives you a bit of time to back up and hopefully unhook

Thanks everyone for your replies. Someone else was driving and I was watching the gear, so I can't pinpoint the exact spot. However this is definitely the area--I think I was a bit more to the south in what looks like a trough on this chart. Pretty sure both times close to 100 ft of water, but the balls were in the upper half of the water column. I should have been well above any cables but I am new to the area as I said so not sure what that area is like.

Back