T25 kicker

Brambles

Is anyone running a T25 kicker on a 21 ft welded aluminum or similar?

The boat is a 210 Hewescraft SeaRunner hardtop

I am curious to hear how slow it can troll and and if it's too much kicker for that size boat..

Thanks

I’m running a T25 on a 28 foot boat…. Def a heavier boat but these kickers troll as slow as any of the lower Hp kickers … the upside of high thrust propellers?

I’ve got 10 hours on her…I love the fuel injection… no more worrying about draining carbs and clogged fuel jets

Meanwhile, I almost put my 26 footer on the rocks last summer when a gust of wind over-powered my Suzuki 9.9 and swung the bow into the crunch zone. With that memory still fresh in mind I stepped up for the T25

Last edited:
I’d say the T25 would be overkill for your boat. It’s 30% heavier and uses a larger transom mount, than a 9.9.
I'd agree. If you want to get away from a carbed yamaha go to a Suzuki or Merc 9.9-15 which are injected. I pushed a 10000lb boat on the west side pretty good with a 15 prokicker. Much more push than the little 9.9 yam (larger displacement). The 9.9-20 Suzuki is all the same block so a light heweacraft will appreciate the lighter motor back there I'd bet... Same deal with a 9.9-15 Merc. Both good options.

Brambles, I switched from a T9.9 to a T25 in 2017 and it was the best thing I ever did to my boat.

The 9.9 did not have enough power when I was trolling offshore in the afternoons when the Westerly would blow 25 mph. I would have to motor on the big engine uphill turn around and then troll downhill with the 9.9. The 9.9 would not have enough power to hold me when I was jigging in reverse when the wind came up also. The other big difference is the Alternator output as the T9.9 has 6 amps and the T25 has 16 amps.

The last thing is the T25 is so much quieter as it is only running at half the RPM as the T9.9.

The 9.9 is 93 pounds with 212 cc and the 25 is 141 pounds with 432 cc.

My T25 has 2200 hours on it and it's been flawless.

Mike

Back