svop/med/vhf

trophywife

Crew Member
i need to get these courses done and hopefully local, i am in the tri-city area, i tried port moody power squadron but they dont seem to be specific on the svop nor the med...i tried redhawk survival training and have had no response? help please..

share the harvest
2625 kingfisher

I took the SVOP with quicknav boating school las year. I was happy with the provided course. I believe they offer most or all of the courses your looking for and operate out of North Van. Not overly local i know, but thought id throw it out there.

Either Quicknav in Granville Island or West Coast Power Boat Handling. Not sure of the availability or costs:)

There are a few locals who are doing this course...Quinte Marine does it.

Why are you just looking to get these courses now? Do you intend to charter? If you do, you need a C number and all that stuff as well...

Otherwise..if you're just a private individual who won't be guiding...a PCOC is all you need...and a VHF certificate if you want to use your VHF..

thanks for the direction, yes i want to charter but for now i need to get myself qualified, so that i can guide even if it is not on my boat. The C is yet to come. I am sure i will be asking for advice on that too.

share the harvest
2625 kingfisher

Back