Suggestions please for chum fishing Comox Area

chiroken

I'd appreciate any suggestions for fishing chums in the Comox area-inside/outside Comox bay, point holmes, bumble bee marker (typically launch Union Bay). Never gone after chums before and would like to this season.

Typical times for them to show up?
Locations, water depths and fishing depths?
Type of gear preferred?
Same distance behind DR line as with springs? I realize everyone here is different but in general are you shortening or lengthening compared to spring fishing?

Trying to read posts....seems like super slow, green flashers and terminal tackle (Island girl - pink?), leader length about 50"? Don't have enough rods to stack them and I'm often in the boat solo so 4 rods out makes me abit nervous! :eek:

Any suggestions would be great, hoping to get out with my young kids and get them holding a rod with a big fish! Didn't hit any springs bigger than 14lbs this year (late summer), tons of shakers if that's a good sign for years to come.

Enjoy your turkey feasts!

Many of us have tried to fish for chums in the Comox area without any luck.
Go to Browns Bay with the kids or learn to fish for them in the freshwater.
Kids like it when they have fish action.
If by yourself give it a try, starting now, as they may be a few around.
GLG

And of you do figure out how to get them , let the rest of us know!! I have NEVER caught a chum incidentally when fishing in or out of the bay. But-- it can be done. I do know of one guy that got the odd one when fly fishing off the beach at Point Holmes.

And of you do figure out how to get them , let the rest of us know!! I have NEVER caught a chum incidentally when fishing in or out of the bay. But-- it can be done. I do know of one guy that got the odd one when fly fishing off the beach at Point Holmes.

I was recently talking to someone that said he fishes chum in the shallows in Royston, also on the fly. Up in CR tonight I was told not many fish the chum out if front there either, mostly again up in Brown's Bay. Always nice fishing familiar water though, never been up to Brown's Bay with the boat before.

Back