STOLEN MONARO 298

loopsboy

Stolen from False Creek Yacht Club, June 17 at 9:30 am. This is a rare locally built boat. Registration BC5528226, black bottom, black and grey hull stripes, Mercury 15 hp Pro kicker, name "Aurora" on transom. Please call police if seen. Monaro298 (1).jpgker

damn, that sucks about your monaro being stolen man. i'll keep an eye out for sure - hopefully someone spots that rare beauty soon and you get it back. those thieves are the worst.

Whoa. Crazy story.

How was the boat stolen? Stolen from its marina slip? Or stolen while unattended at the fuel dock?
Stolen out of the marina. Surveillance footage isn't great. One person and was at the boat for almost an hour before taking it. A fob is required to start the engine so I don't know how he started it. He stole a custom made helm seat so I'll be watching for that online.

Attachments

• IMG_1382.JPG
    IMG_1382.JPG
    307.8 KB · Views: 62
Stolen out of the marina. Surveillance footage isn't great. One person and was at the boat for almost an hour before taking it. A fob is required to start the engine so I don't know how he started it. He stole a custom made helm seat so I'll be watching for that online.

That sucks. Must be both frustrating and a relief to have the boat back, especially now considering that you mentioned in the Monaro thread that the 298 molds are for sale...I'm guessing Monaro isn't making more of these anytime soon.

Targeted just the extras a boat needs when bought new..... I'd be inclined to think thief is outfitting a new boat either for himself or to flip. May want to keep an eye on the boat sales with these parts attached.....

Back