Stern/Transom Saver

pescador

I need to mount a new transducer. I’m looking for a stern saver kit. That small piece of plastic you mount on the transom with expoxy/glue/something to save drilling Into the transom. Hard to find. Online prices are redonk. Any ideas who in Vic or Van stock them?

I just went to industrial plastics and paints and got a small piece of 1/2" i think, then just cut to size or they can cut it for you.

I need to mount a new transducer. I’m looking for a stern saver kit. That small piece of plastic you mount on the transom with expoxy/glue/something to save drilling Into the transom. Hard to find. Online prices are redonk. Any ideas who in Vic or Van stock them?
Just get a plastic cutting board and cut to right shape and size. Same stuff as a transom saver

I know it sounds crazy... but I laminated Walmart cutting boards with epoxy... and cut it to shape... super inexpensive... which is generally not congruent with marine... anything...

Thanks gents. what did you use to bond it to the fibreglass? I tried 4200 once and found out that doesn’t work long term.

You can buy 1×4 or 1x6 vinyl facia at Rona and cut off a piece. I've used this for mounting transducers and also making a custom mount for my downrigger. There are many uses for it and it's inexpensive.

Online in Quebec or Usmarine in the states are only ones I was able to find. Cabelas might carry the smaller ones.

Cheap cutting board laminated two plies and bonded to transom, all with silicone sealant. Make sure to drill pilot holes for xducer mount because there's very little compression in the HDPE material.

Back