Steel toe boots

demco99

Need to buy some steel toe boots for my new job.. what are you guys thoughts on the best ones to get? and best place buy them in the lower mainland?? All I could think of was Mark's work wearhouse but their selection wasn't that great.. need them to be waterproof as well.. cheers

Need to buy some steel toe boots for my new job.. what are you guys thoughts on the best ones to get? and best place buy them in the lower mainland?? All I could think of was Mark's work wearhouse but their selection wasn't that great.. need them to be waterproof as well.. cheers

Demco

Try Three Vets or Red wing shoes but in my experience double check the same boots you find online could be as much as half the price.

Also I have been trying to contact you a few times through your cell and also pm with no reply. I had the balls you wanted but you never replied so I'm sold out again. I will have a new batch later this week or early next. I'm behind right now do to family stuff.

Cheers

Nick.....do you want a waterproof boot that could almost double as a hiker or more of a pure work boot?

They will be for when I visit the ships & ports, needs to have steeltoes but definitley needs to be waterproof as well for wet Vancouver weather, open to anything really, comfort is also a factor...

Thanks Scott - did your contractor buddy recommend a certain brand from Mark's? looking at online reviews the Timberland Pro series gets lots of positive feedback

I work on the water and currently have Timberland Pro Series... I've had them for only about a year but so far I have no complaints. They are still waterproof and I'd say I've been really hard on them (I do spray them silicone product, recommended at Ono's where I bought them).

Not sure what type of work you're doing near or on the water but another popular choice is a slip on (no lace) blundstone style of boot because you can kick them off if you happen to fall in.

Thanks Scott - did your contractor buddy recommend a certain brand from Mark's? looking at online reviews the Timberland Pro series gets lots of positive feedback

Nope.....no recommendation. As a contractor he burns through them quickly. Buy what fits you and is comfortable.

I'd second a Blundstone type boot if you don't require real work boot support. They are going to be way more comfortable and much more water resistant. I'm basing this upon about 14 years worth of wearing work boots.

Second that. Takes me about four to five days to break in, and then you're good to go.

For me there is no break-in..........out of the box and go for 12hrs.
Only difference is no sore back with the new ones, after 8-9 months I break down the arches in the insoles so I get a fresh pair (company supplies 3 pair a year ) even though they they still look good.
I wear their gore-tex boot, feet stay comfy and dry

military surplus, you can get near brand new 300$ type boots for around 60-80$ i buy ex navy boots, the sole lasts forever as they are made of way tougher rubber for the slip resistant decks of large ships.

redback bobcats for comfort. they slip on... no laces. super comfortable. no ankle support but doesn't sound like you really need that...
they have them here in canada...might have to check a few shoestores
http://aussaver.tripod.com/id79.html
about $225.00

or ironworkers flatbottoms. super comfortable also (really soft spongy sole)
ironworker boots
https://www.google.ca/search?q=iron...oKoHqiwKxjIDoAg&ved=0CD0QsAQ&biw=1536&bih=677
about $130.00

pretty much all I've worn for workboots. ( around 30 years in the construction trade)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the elastic sided boots too, Blundstone and Redback are available here, even better for my feet - a tiny bit wider - is the Mongrel boot from Australia. Slip on/off and still full steel toe and shank. I'm full time building trades too and I'm on my second pair of Mongrels since March 2009.

Back