Steel Toe Boots

Finished Business

I know a few of you guys out there are tradesman/laborers. I just had to buy new boots for work, I like to go with quality (Timberland Endurance Pro is my choice...probably the most comfortable boot, shoe, anything I've put my foot into. Seriously, so comfortable!) Anyways, these run me about $185 before tax locally, as I always wait to buy boots when my last ones are already in the trash, I'm stuck with local retailers.

Decided to go online this time and I'm glad I did.

http://www.workwearsavings.com

or the main page:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com

Long story short they have all the top brands (Redwing, Timberland, Carhartt ect ect.) with BY FAR the best pricing I've ever seen.

I bought 2 pairs, the 6 and 8" Enduro Pro (insulated, waterproof, steeltoe) for $180.63. Shipping was FREE.

I run a small business, so I'm on the hook for safety gear and whatnot, maybe your larger company doesn't supply you with boots... I used to buy the cheap 89.99 dakotas or whatever was cheapest. I went to a higher quality boot and wont look back. The price made me cringe at retail locations, but finding this site online left me pretty happy.

I work in an oily dirty shop with corrosive salts and the whole 9 under my feet. These boots lasted 2+ years.

From one to the next, I hope someone finds this site as useful as I.

Happy Deals!

-FB

I'm on year 15 with my Vibergs, new soles etc etc.
I think they were $300? when i bought them.
They'll last till i hang the tools up. (Soon)
Dan.

15 friggin years?, holy crap Dan, thats awesome, the best boots i ever had were Terras .....still have em, but as a chef i'm not exactly in them everyday like the rest of you.....holmes*

I'm fortunate that the outfit I work for buys my boots. I've got 4 new pairs in the closet with another pair due in March. Retirement is coming in a year so I may post a few pairs for sale on the site. Cheap for SFBC members.
Dave

MMM I gots a pair of work boots fer sale... never bin yused.

I'm on year 15 with my Vibergs, new soles etc etc.
I think they were $300? when i bought them.
They'll last till i hang the tools up. (Soon)
Dan.
15 years, not what I would call work boots, more like lounging boots. I'm lucky if mine last a year and I wear gumboots part of the year and they don't last a year either

Hey, just so I'm clear they been fixed more than once, and they aern't abused,
After all I'm an electrician.
But they are still the same boot, custom made for my goofy feet.
They have lasted the best out of any boot I bought.
Dan

Hey Dan maybe you should retire like Paul and myself,you will not need them boots. First reply to the forum,see you in June at the Beam Bob

Dan just bugging you. I do know that Vibergs are great boots. I used to get them when I worked at the mill. Back then the mill paid for are boots, that was the only way I could pay for them. If I wasn't so hard on my boots now I would buy them again.

to further my point, the two years I got from my Timberlands is in near the harshest boot conditions I reckon. There's ammonia and cynate based chemicals on the floor, ontop of about 25 years of machine shop oil (u can scrape it up like tiles in some spots)...They aren't the happiest working conditions, nor the healthiest for that matter, but the boots stood up to it better than any I've used in 10 years. About a pair a year, and that was stretching them farther than I should most times. The Tims knocked out 2 years and then some. Best I've used.

Do they still make "Paris" boots?
I wore them working in the bush back in the 70s, they were the boot all others tried to copy back then!

Do they still make "Paris" boots?
I wore them working in the bush back in the 70s, they were the boot all others tried to copy back then!

I believe that Pierre Paris closed up shop quite a number of years ago.
My first pair of lineman boots were made by Paris. Every bit as good as the Daytons and Vibergs that I now own.
Dave

Back