Squamish river

Fishing24/7

Im going to the paradise valley area of sqamish river tommrow to try and catch steelhead. Ive never gone steel heading before and im stoping into highwater tackle on lonsdale eairly to ask advise and buy gear. Will be using my spincast rod. Advise is apreciated!!

Your timing is all wrong the river has just flooded because of the freshet and while it's dropping & clearing relatively fast Steelhead-such as there are-will be long gone.

There are always Dolly Varden and even the rare Spring Salmon @ this time of year but don't count on much-it's still a beautiful place though.

The Paradise Valley is the Cheakamus River which is controlled at the damn so you might be ok. I haven't heard of any steelhead in quite a while though. Springs should be in soon. I was just told that two years ago the first pink was caught June 30 so you might get surprised there too.

Good luck. It is a beautiful place to fish.

I am heading there for a camping/fishing weekend with some buddies. I have done a lot of light tackle pink fishing to date and was wondering if Coho or Springs can be found in the system (either above the Chekamus or below). The majority of the boys don't fish much so I'll be unleashing them on the pinks and I don't mind being skunked at this point, I just don't want to be fishing for coho or springs in they are 100% not around.

Any tips on holding areas would be nice too but no worries if they are your little secret.

Back