spin & glow

• Thread starter Thread starter Robert
  • Start date Start date
R

Robert

HiFisherpeople: New to this board, and I live in Ontario by the Great Lakes. Great fishing all around, but I dream of going to B.C. somne day. I just bought some 2" Spin & Glows for Walleye's and Salmon. How are they rigged, or is there some kind of harness I can make up. I'am wondering if they arn't too big to begin with. I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks.

Robert

2" Holy S#$%t. Those are hardly if ever used even for the largest of Steelhead here in BC. The guys up in Alaska from what I hear rig those big 2" ers for big kings. I have even heard of some bar fisherman using those for plunking on the lower fraser and other large river when regs allow.

Rigging a spin n glow is very simple. Hook, bead, spin n glow. Run your leader through these components and up to a swivel where your main line will be attached.

Good Luck

HL

That is a tad on the large side. ;)

For Walleye I can see using one in front a minnow or a worm that's in a harness for trolling.

Thanks for the replies: I got these on e-bay from autoworldmka for $14.95 for 15 of them. I thought they were a tad large. Maybe they have some smaller ones too.

Try & find rocket red, sunrise & Fluorescent egg in sizes 12 & 14. Rig them with a #1 or 1/0 black Gamakatsu hook on a 24-36" 10 or 12lb leader & you're happening. You can fish them under a float or bottom bounce them, either way, they are a great steelhead lure. Good luck,

SS

The larger ones work great with roe when used with the plunking method because of their bouyancy and added spinning attraction along with the roe scent smoking down river.

Back