South Okanagan Rainbows

• Thread starter Thread starter tccline
  • Start date Start date
T

tccline

I will be visiting the Oliver area in two weeks for just a day. I am forcing my non-fishing golf buddies to endure a few hours of angling..can anyone tell me if there are opportunities to shore-fish for rainbows in Vaseaux, Osoyoos or Skaha Lakes? If so, is it spoon fishing? Jigs?
East Coast fishing Fanatic TC

Your best bet would be bass from shore at Vaseux. You could try from shore around the bridge in Osoyoos for Rainbows. Spoons and spinners, wedding ring with a worm.

Your best bet would be bass from shore at Vaseux. You could try from shore around the bridge in Osoyoos for Rainbows. Spoons and spinners, wedding ring with a worm.

quote:Originally posted by happy hooker

Thanks for the advice...we're not allowed to fish bass here until nearly July....it's already legal? Not worried about Mom being on her nest? I looked at the online BC fishing regs and could not find season dates to save my life....TC

quote:Originally posted by happy hooker

Thanks for the advice...we're not allowed to fish bass here until nearly July....it's already legal? Not worried about Mom being on her nest? I looked at the online BC fishing regs and could not find season dates to save my life....TC

I don't know about that region,but bass aren't really regulated much in british columbia.In most areas they are an unwanted species so there aren't any season closures for them.

I don't know about that region,but bass aren't really regulated much in british columbia.In most areas they are an unwanted species so there aren't any season closures for them.

Yes there is! There is a non-retention of bass April 15th-June 15th in BC. They are spawning around early May but this year is a little colder and beds will start mid May I bet. And it'd be dad on the nest....

non retention yes,but you can still fish for them.Do people actually eat bass?In the lower mainland they are considdered an invasive species and most people want them gone.

It always pays to check the regs because some bass lakes have restrictions and even closures. There is no province wide closure, but it is done on a lake-by-lake basis with regards to restrictions. Vaseux Lake for example has a spawning area closed during the spring period, which means no fishing there.

Back