Shrink wrap for winter storage?

sudsy

Hey guys. Just bought my first boat this year, i dont have any covered storage for it (1802 trophy WA) and was thinking of just tarping it to keep water off of it, but a buddie of mine mentioned shrink wrapping it for the winter? Gota quote from a guy to do it for 250$ seems kimda steep considering the winters we get here, wasnt sure if anyone has tried doing it themselves to save money? I watched a few videos online and it seems very straight forward...anyone tried this? Or have any experiences good or bad with shrink wrapping? I was thinking if we could get enough guys together we could buy the material needed and do it ourselves....

If you're lucky you can reuse the wrap-if you're not so lucky animals can end up living in your boat and you'll be scrubbing **** for days.

250$ for a professional shrink wrap and protecting the boat for the winter seems like a pretty good deal to me..

Carver industries will custom make you a waterproof cover for approx $ 1000. Lots of details like straps, pulpit covers, anntenae holes, side access zippers, engine covers are available if needed. They have cheaper options as well. Check out their site. I've had 2 done and find them very good. I looked at shrink wrap and decided long term the investment was better to get the custom cover.

Hey guys. Just bought my first boat this year, i dont have any covered storage for it (1802 trophy WA) and was thinking of just tarping it to keep water off of it, but a buddie of mine mentioned shrink wrapping it for the winter?

I bought a decent cover last year from these guys, (although there's lots of others out there...)
http://www.boatcovers.com/Bayliner_...B__boat_cover.html?cPath=1_74&products_id=967

It's custom fit polyester and was shipped to my door for a total about 50% more than the shrink wrap. Looks good and does the job. I'll use it again and again.
When you put it on, make sure that you allow lots of open space for ventilation, to keep the mildew away. No animal probs, so far (touch wood.)

Back