Shimano 2000LD reels -used

Derby

Crew Member
Foe sale a pair used just serviced ready to go Shimano 2000ld lever drag reels... $75 each open to offers... :)

I'll take your mr3's for that price:p

Were you using those for trolling salmon?

I've often thought the lever drag on those would be good for an instant adjustment to lighter drag so the fish can run when the reel is pulled out of the holder and it is still set on tighter drag to stop linecreep.

I like knucklebusters but I don't like where I have to mess with drag adjustment when there's a fish on.

The setting on my knucklebusters when deep is a lot tighter than I'd like it to be for when a fish hits. So when it does, I have to mess around unscrewing the drag a bit.......which is a pain....

Just spares that have been used for those of us that prefer not to use single action reels..personal I'm all about islanders..... :)

Were you using those for trolling salmon?

I've often thought the lever drag on those would be good for an instant adjustment to lighter drag so the fish can run when the reel is pulled out of the holder and it is still set on tighter drag to stop linecreep.

I like knucklebusters but I don't like where I have to mess with drag adjustment when there's a fish on.

The setting on my knucklebusters when deep is a lot tighter than I'd like it to be for when a fish hits. So when it does, I have to mess around unscrewing the drag a bit.......which is a pain....

I have fished knucklebusters most of my life but in my research the PNW most used is the single action reel, unless you are fly chucken for smaller quarry, must be a sporting thing!!

The Shimano 2000LD aka Charter Special is one of the few lever drag level wind reels ever made, luv um
Usually set mine a little lite so that my thumb can compensate for more, but the most I like about the lever drag is it holds a more constant pressure trolling until a hit, than a single action with a larger cork disc drag......IMO
Hate it when the line sneaks out with the tell tale slow click

Back