Shimano 1000GT wanted

scott craven

I'm looking for a Shimano 1000gt mooching reel.
Let me know if you have a spare you would part with ? :)

Thanks,

Scott

REALLY 1000s Scott I thought by now you would be using reels made in the 21 century by now???? LOL LOL
I think i may have a few ol abe & al flashers around as well...... LOL LOL LOL
Sorry couldnt resist..

Wolf

AHHH ok thought that was your reel of choice!!!! LOL LOL
and some peetz rods and reels??? LOL
remeber the days of dipsy divers and pink ladies or planer boards,.. man have we coame a long way in tackle and methods..
Wolf

Scott, are you planing to use it on a fly rod ? I use two of them every year on my fly rods , either buck tailing, or just cut plugging. Great reels for the price. Wolf , the fish don't seem to mind that it's a cheaper, more, afforderable reel. Can't seem to get a smiley inserted here, sorry...........BB

Scott, are you planing to use it on a fly rod ? I use two of them every year on my fly rods , either buck tailing, or just cut plugging. Great reels for the price. Wolf , the fish don't seem to mind that it's a cheaper, more, afforderable reel. Can't seem to get a smiley inserted here, sorry...........BB

I have a nice 9' TFO light weight rod, that i want to match up with a smaller diameter reel
for better balance.
i've used all kinds of mooching reels, they all have their own characteristics
but for the $$ you can't beat the Shimano for a downrigger reel. ;)

I have the same set-up for coho-buck tailing in the fall. Once in awhile it gets pinned up for springs. I don't see many 1000gt reels for sale anymore. Do they still make them ??

I sold off a half dozen GT1000"s last summer in a garage sale. Had them around for years as spares and realized I would never use them.

Hello. I have a Shimano 1000gt mooching reel, great real. I travel to Victoria at times. I am in Campbell River. How much would you offer me for it.

JJ

Back