Sheridan lake ? Or kootney lake for may long weekend ?

Travo

Packing up family,pets , rods and rv were heading out for the may long weekend .just purchased a north river sea hawk and I'm looking to catch some trophy rainbow . Anyone know which area will produce better for that week of may .? Sheridan in the caribou or kootney in the kootneys .?lol

My experience with both lakes is pretty dated...lol. Sheridan was good to me several times. Kootenay not so much.

Go North young man!

Tip

Perfect Sheridan it is if anyone has any useful info for me in terms of set up, gear etc I'm all ears I just ordered a wack load of buck tail flys 4inches they do very well here on okanagan lake and in the kootney's , also I will be bringing a wack load of Lyman plugs , apex , and spoons , I won't be using lead core like most of the articles on Sheridan suggest I will be down rigging and working the top of the water I've never had much luck with lead core and we already got down riggers on board , I'm hoping for some 10+ ers

Back in the day we were flyfishin @ Sheridan in May. Chironomids would always score and we could belly check to make sure we were on target. If you see them rising anywhere toss out a Thomthumb on a floating line and enjoy!

Tip

Back