Shawnigan Lake

BearCove

Crew Member
Searched the forum for some threads on Shawnigan, found a few but they are dated.

Wondering about fishing this time of year?

Old threads were mostly about summertime fishing.

Any fish to be had this time of year? What type of fish? Read lots about the Bass, any trout? Gear recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys

Cheers

Wade

There's trout fishing in the winter there. I meet a buddy for beers at his place in the West Arm sometimes in the winter and we have caught lots of trout off his dock. No monsters or anything, like 12 inchers, but fun none the less, for something to do. We cast small silver crocodile spoons. Flies should work too.

Thanks for the response, was hoping to practice some fly casting, glad to know it’s an option

Will give it a go in the next few weeks

cheers

Thanks for the response, was hoping to practice some fly casting, glad to know it’s an option

Will give it a go in the next few weeks

cheers
I was up a week ago and didn’t do well by the old mill I was using dragon fly nymph and leech patterns but I just wonder if I missed the boat by not fishing a streamer this week I have done well on a bass fry fly in Elk which also has a large population of bass. Good luck but if you don’t catch anything at least your fishing!!!

There are a few larger Cutties in the lake , my friend caught one that ate a live perch he was reeling in . The trout was a beauty probably close to 24" long and we released it back in the lake .

I had heard about those fish and definitely a streamer would be the right fly sure makes me want to fish Shawinigan again I had a cabin there in the seventies and eighties

Back