Seven Marine 557 HP

Scott K

Anyone know if these are coming north of the border? They are a 557 HP outboard that weighs just over 1000 pounds, apparently around $70,000 each. Made from a Supercharged Caddy 6.2 liter V8.

I've just ordered 2 for my charter boat that I operate out of Sooke. I'll be charging $75 an hour like everyone else so it should only take about 30 years to pay for them. I figure I'll be able to sleep an extra 15 minutes each day and still beat everyone to Sheringham in the morning too. ;)

Big dollars for those guys with more money than brains I think.The gear boxes are ZF custom built for those units.Not the average tech would even want to work on one of those.Most likely you'll have to pull the gearcase and ship it down to florida.The GM block......just buy a new one.It's hard enough for the average joe to spit-out 20 grand for a run -of -the -mill new outboard.But for the DUDES that have bottomless pockets...why not?

did you guys see on global last week that campion partnered up with some outboard company from florida and built a electric 150 hp outboard but it only last only two hours on a charge

Then I hope there is going to be a re-charge station located 50 miles offshore for the Tuna guys...a long paddle home otherwise. ;)

I would rather test drive the mercury racing 1350 setup. 9 liters of displacement, twin turbo, dohc engine. Looks handy.

im sure they will ship north of the border, but get in line i head theres a 2+ year wait list already, im sure even more after the Miami boat show coming up

That is very cool,Gunsmith. 6 gals.per hr. on a 175hp. is pretty amazing. At 820 lbs. they're a little heavy though.
Wonder what price they'll be when they come on the market?

Back