Self Loading Boat Loaders

• Thread starter Thread starter outdoorguy
  • Start date Start date
O

outdoorguy

New to the forum and looking for some boat loader options.

I am in the market for a 12 or 14 foot aluminium boat that I can carry on my truck (2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab w/ 6 foot box.) A boat trailer is not an option as I pull a camper trailer. Buying the boat is the easy part as there is always some good used deals on Craiglist and I am not adverse to buying new if the price is good.

However, as I often solo camp and fish, hand loading a boat up unto a truck mounted boat rack would get old very fast. So I was looking around and seen the 4 Guys Manufacturing slef loading boat loaders and looking for some input on these, others. The only drawback to these self loaders is the cost as I seen that the 4 Guys model sells for over $2000.000

I had thought about fabricating my own self loader of sorts using a small ATV winch and some pulleys etc and wondering if anyone here has done similar and would share how they did it. I have checked Youtube and there are few examples.

On side note, has anyone dealt with Cascade Supply and Marine in Chilliwack? Are they reputable company?

Thanks in advance.

Back