SCORE

Last Chance

Admin
Staff member
Well, here she is, the next episode in my long list of fishing machines, a genuine 1986 26' Hourston Glascraft, I picked it up on Friday in Thunder Bay and hauled it out here. She is due for a set of nice 4 stroke outboards, and a round of electronics. And a new window because the stupid shipping company that was GOING to ship it broke it (Another story). So another conversion begins, it's only money, I'm sure I'll make more LOL.

h26pic.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Red Monster

Nice boat! How did you find it?

Found it last March in Thunder Bay online, the ad was only there for a few weeks, pure luck. Summer season hit, and I was too busy to deal with it. A few weeks ago, I called the owners, they still had it, I offered them less then what a galvanized trailer alone would be worth, and poof here it is. I would bay 5 times that to get an older one on this coast, so with the milage, it was worth it.

Blue Dot Material,

Sweet ride!You must be stoked. I sure like that H23 with the twin E techs in Sooke, looks like he lenghthened the whole boat, looks like Lifetimers transom extension/pod. That would make that 26 even more of a monster of a machine[8D] Roy boy knows the boat.

That is going to be one sweet boat Kelly, I saw what you did with your 23 hourston last time I was in Renfrew,nice job on that one,too bad it wasn't for sale last fall,I looked high and low for something like that 23 of yours.How about taking some pictures of it as you go along and post it on the board,make the winter a little more fun to see it progress.That deal was like finding the old classic car in the barn for 50 bucks.DAN

You bet, we'll have progress reports coming. I'm not going to start cutting and sawing and tearing for a few days, I'm just going to sit and look and figure out the best way to go about it for the next days, then the camera, grinder, sawzall and fiberglass resin come out. I'll get a gallery going, this ones going to be fun.

Hows the steel trailer ?
will that be replaced with a galvanized
model ?
I also kinda wondered how your truck fared over that long journey...
that looks like a lotta weight to pack over the Rockies :D

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

Hows the steel trailer ?
will that be replaced with a galvanized
model ?
I also kinda wondered how your truck fared over that long journey...
that looks like a lotta weight to pack over the Rockies :D

I'll make due with the iron trailer for now, it's a 2003, so it will have to do. Pullin the rockies isn't a problem, I have a chipped 7.3 Turbo Diesel, only one spot on Rogers Pass I powered out a bit.

What are your plans for the leg? Is it a duo prop.And yes a very sweet looking boat. I say this because I too also have a 26 ft. hourston that I recently aquired and very happy with it. Cheers.

did u run out of room in the old boat or just need a change. What would u be looking at with the goodies gone? That is a nice boat that you have out in Renfrew, wish I had the money.

Back