Safe anchorage around Bamfield?

Dark

Me and the wife will be spending 7 days Aug.21 to 27 fishing around the Bamfield area. Launching in Alberni
Were staying on board our cuddy cabin ( last minute decision)might grab a room for a night or two if available.
Here's the question, does anyone know of any safe anchorage in the Broken Group? I have a freezer on board so run a generator(honda) in the evening, I would prefer some place that I would not upset the neighbors.

IMG_2696.jpg

If your fishing in the Kirby pt - Edward King area, between Edward King and Diana is good and you can enter/exit at either end depending where your fishing.

If your fishing in the Kirby pt - Edward King area, between Edward King and Diana is good and you can enter/exit at either end depending where your fishing.

Tons of great safe anchorage in the Broken Group. Effingham Bay is a perfect spot for you as the larger powerboats tend to anchor there and many run generators.

You can also anchor right in the Bamfield Harbour -- farther back across from the east government dock.

I will be in the Broken Group and in Bamfield starting Saturday for couple of weeks -- if you see a 26' Striper Pilothouse, with a dinghy on the roof say hello.

TenMile
<'((((><

Tons of great safe anchorage in the Broken Group. Effingham Bay is a perfect spot for you as the larger powerboats tend to anchor there and many run generators.

You can also anchor right in the Bamfield Harbour -- farther back across from the east government dock.

I will be in the Broken Group and in Bamfield starting Saturday for couple of weeks -- if you see a 26' Striper Pilothouse, with a dinghy on the roof say hello.

TenMile
<'((((><

There are soooo many good places to anchor in the Broken Group! Just don’t anchor exposed to one of the main channels, that will give you some splashing against the hull – all night long!

Just find you a nice cove and go for it! :D

You shouldn't have a problem running a Honda generator in any of the spots mentioned, but if you have doubts here are some nice spots, which usually have few or no other boats - at least until now! [8D]
Jones Bay N48 54.826 W125 19.277
Wouwer Island N48 52.012 W125 21.302
Clark Island Beach N48 53.562 W125 22.454

DSC01311-1-2.jpg

There are soooo many good places to anchor in the Broken Group! Just don’t anchor exposed to one of the main channels, that will give you some splashing against the hull – all night long!

Just find you a nice cove and go for it! :D

You shouldn't have a problem running a Honda generator in any of the spots mentioned, but if you have doubts here are some nice spots, which usually have few or no other boats - at least until now! [8D]
Jones Bay N48 54.826 W125 19.277
Wouwer Island N48 52.012 W125 21.302
Clark Island Beach N48 53.562 W125 22.454

DSC01311-1-2.jpg

my wife and I like to anchor at dodger pass, just west of kirby, between diana and edward king. it's a beautiful little spot and in the morning you can pull anchor and start fishing right away. the south entrance is passable but a bit shallow, like 8-12 feet. we will be there on the 15th, so you won't be bothering me with your genny, lol. usually you get the place to your self.
effingham bay is nice too, also has good fishing, mears bluff to cree (been good this year).

tight lines ;)

my wife and I like to anchor at dodger pass, just west of kirby, between diana and edward king. it's a beautiful little spot and in the morning you can pull anchor and start fishing right away. the south entrance is passable but a bit shallow, like 8-12 feet. we will be there on the 15th, so you won't be bothering me with your genny, lol. usually you get the place to your self.
effingham bay is nice too, also has good fishing, mears bluff to cree (been good this year).

tight lines ;)

Thanks to all for the 411. Are dogs allowed on the Islands in the Broken Group? Heard they might not be allowed due to it being a park.
How's the crabbing I know of a few spots by Bamfield and Pachena Bay but I don't want to sit around guarding my traps.
Is it worth dropping traps in and around the Islands or should I hunt out some spots closer to Ucluelet

Back