Rubber Trim glue

Peahead

Wanting to glue back some rubber trim in the cockpit of a Grady 232 Gulftream that is peeling. The rubber is about 2" wide and needs to be glued to gelcoat (over fiberglass).

Any suggestions to type of glue to use ? Holding power, and ease of application obvously important however I also want a clean look ( don't want it to ooze out from underneath) A fast tack would be good as well. I am planning on clamping the trim in place until glue has set.

Thanks,
Greg

contact cement Greg, then use a little cement solvent to clean up any ooze
Tim

I work in a truck repair shop, anytime we have to glue rubber mouldings back on we use a glue called weatherstrip adhesive

I work in a truck repair shop, anytime we have to glue rubber mouldings back on we use a glue called weatherstrip adhesive

Thanks for the responses everyone. albernifisher I will try to locate that glue.....interesting as I asked the same question on Great Grady site and got some responses mentioning auto parts shop , the place to go so suspect if you use this for truck repair it would likely be found at auto parts place...

thx
Greg

Greg, i need to do the same thing with my 228 G. The rubber gasket around the port hatch behind port seating has separated. Let me know what works for u. Gord

Thanks for the responses everyone. albernifisher I will try to locate that glue.....interesting as I asked the same question on Great Grady site and got some responses mentioning auto parts shop , the place to go so suspect if you use this for truck repair it would likely be found at auto parts place...

thx
Greg

Hey Greg, its a 3m product and its called super weatherstrip adhesive we used it lots in the automotive trade its much the same as contact just in a easier to use squeeze tube, most hardware stores carry it too, home depot, rona etc... Or any autoparts store

I have also used stuff called SEAL-ALL works on about everything even good for gas tanks as gas wont eat it...and its clear

wolf

I have also used stuff called SEAL-ALL works on about everything even good for gas tanks as gas wont eat it...and its clear

wolf

THANKS WOLF - decided to try Seal-All partly because I found it first (couldn't locate the 3M product Weatherstrip adhesive but only went to Rona) but also because I like the fact it was clear and was a fast cure and easy to position and fairly quick tack on contact. Stuff smells pretty bad and I did feel a bit light headed, however that may have been because I was working on the deck of the Grady and looking up at all the lovely sites walking ( or jogging ) on the seawall by the Bayshore Hotel in Coal Harbour. Gotta be the best location ever for moorage, but I won't mention the price tag !!!!!!!!

Back