Rocky Point Ramp

• Thread starter Thread starter orion15
  • Start date Start date
O

orion15

anybody knows when there going to be done, i drove by about a month ago and there doing quite a job. doesn't look like theres going to be much room for the car and trailer parking after there all done. . thanks

Rocky Point is in Port Moody and the city fathers decided to sell 90% of the public boat launch parking to some restaurant developer. That will leave 16 parking spots for the general public. There used to be enough parking for about 75 vehicles with trailers and the city charged 16 bucks a day to launch and park.

What always blows me away is how quick public officials will jump at another tax grab. You could understand it if some of that cash was in their pockets. Of course , maybe someone is lining their pockets. Wouldn`t surprise me !!!
Bastages are always making big speaches about presevation of outdoors and heritage and then immediately selling out.

Orion, Check out my threads from last year. I was on about this long before construction began and there was time to stop it. I had little response from public or business. The local tackle store now carries little salt water gear. I'm moving to Tsawwassen so I can launch at Captains Cove. Like I said last year, boaters need to protect the remaining ramps.

Just think, you can pay 16 bucks to watch some of the most comical launching availible on the wet coast and then be forced to walk up to a few blocks away because your forced to park in a train station. Then the city has the nerve to fine you if you decide to park 4 blocks away, right next to the semi hauling a 53 foot trailer who is not allowed to park there, but the bylaw butt wont fine the truck.

PORT MOODY-------SUCKS

So what if i got a ride to the ramp and then put the boat in the water and the car and trailer left but i went in the boat with some friends, think we should still pay the $16, i dont think so --- what do you think?

Just your luck the ramp cops will be there to throw you the fine. $85 clams last time i got one ----ouch finally bought a year pass
[8D]

Back