Rigger clip mounting

Fisher_dude

Crew Member
I know there’s a bunch of different ways that guys like to attach their clips to their rigger lines but I haven’t seen this one yet. After a couple incidents where my knot from my braid to my gangion didn’t set off my auto stop and my clip jammed in my pully, I surmised that I had to figure something else out. I run the Neptune green braided leader line from PNT for my shock cord. Can’t remember if it’s the 176lb or the 265. I use knots for attaching everything. I had seen a picture of a guy using crimps to stop his clip line from going anywhere but I didn’t want to waste crimps and possible damage the line and creating a weak spot. After some contemplating, I remembered back to my rock climbing days where we used a knot called a Prusik. Its whole design is to stop itself from sliding up or down line. Bingo. No more snaps needed and if the main attachment knot doesnt set my auto stop off, the Prusik will. It’s small enough to go through the ball retriever and the pully with no issues. I run my line pretty long so when the rigger stops, it leaves the ball under the water so it’s not flopping about. The knot also makes it easy enough to change the distance from your ball if you want to run a dummy flasher down lower. It also doesn’t affect the breaking strength of your main line. Anywho, I hope this helps someone or sets off an idea for an improvement in your head. That’s an 18lb ball hanging from the knot with no slippage.

Attachments

• IMG_4561.jpeg
    IMG_4561.jpeg
    362.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4560.jpeg
    IMG_4560.jpeg
    709 KB · Views: 97
Back