Rice Lake

youngfisher123

Hey guys I have been fishing at Rice Lake in North Vancouver for a couple years and I dont seem to have alot of success.
I was wondering if you guys could give me some techniques so I have better success this year.
Fly Fishing/Spinning reel?
Worm or lure?
Thanks,
Youngfisher123

i grew up in lynn valley and used to fish rice lake often and found the best success with a flyrod/ dry fly in the ealry morning and also in the late afternoon but u cant beat a dew worm and a float but if i was u young man i would be fishin the seymour. i used to ride my bike to the seymour almost every weekend trying to catch a steelhead, i spent 3 years on that river catching cuttys and when i was 16 i hooked into my first steelhead at the cable car pool, it seems like alot of effort since i lost that fish but it got me hooked on a passion that gives me such excitement to look forward to days of work. rip it up young man, cover water and fish hard

K youngsteelheader just called youngfisher123 a young man, more than once...... I tought that was kinda funny. :o

He gave some sound advice..... If its close to you and you fish it often just pay attention and try different things.... once you figure out a pattern of sorts you will become more successful..... If it sucks too much try some different places

sorry i should have said fellow young fisherman , i am 26 but thats a baby compared to most of u dinosaurs taking your walker for a stroll down to the falls pool lol

13.gif

That kinda trail terrain doesn't allow walkers..... haven't fished it in years..... get passed by too many young'uns with these dang headlight things on.
17.gif

Anyone here fished Rice this year? I'm thinking of taking kids there next weekend for a 1 hr intro into fishing. Attention span is probably about 1 hr I figure (6 & 7). If you've fished there lately let me know what's worked. I'm thinking just a float and worm or shrimp. Thanks guys.

Back