Red Islanders

pescador

Anybody know where to buy red Islanders? MR3's or MR2's??? I see them on Islanders website, but, have yet to see them in any retailers...

Anybody know where to buy red Islanders? MR3's or MR2's??? I see them on Islanders website, but, have yet to see them in any retailers...

Jason from Pacific Angler had them on one of his guide boats last year....I know they were a limited run and imagine they're a pretty hot commodity. To be honest although there are various colours noted on the website the only ones I ever see in any retail are gold or blue; maybe the odd black but not many.

Apparently Islander can do a run of a custom colour but they need a minimum order of 20-30 if people came to a big consensus on "something different".

I just placed an order at Berry's Bait and Tackle and I saw that they had them listed on their website.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll check out IO next week.

Sea Run fly and tackle had them. They are in Coquitlam. I bought a limited gun metal blue MR2 from them. I have never seen another store sell that colour. Kinda cool IMO.

I enquired awhile ago about getting a couple of MR2's done in the green finish they do on some of the fly reels.... thet would look great IMHO, but the cost was, shall we say, prohibitive ? if memory serves, was north of $275 for a pair, with no delivery time assurance.

Back