Recommendations for lodge trip next year

Aces

AS the title says

Thinking of treating myself to a lodge trip next summer where i can have a decent shot at XL class Chinooks to CPR....(catch, photograph and release) and good bottom fishing for eats. Prefer non guided.

I have a milestone birthday coming next year and have never actually been a client at a lodge before.

EDIT: NOT on Vancouver Island.......North or Central coast preferred

Last edited:
AS the title says

Thinking of treating myself to a lodge trip next summer where i can have a decent shot at XL class Chinooks to CPR....(catch, photograph and release) and good bottom fishing for eats. Prefer non guided.

I have a milestone birthday coming next year and have never actually been a client at a lodge before.

EDIT: NOT on Vancouver Island.......North or Central coast preferred
Turning 40? Congrats man!

North King would also work , not as chi chi as KPL , but I’d say better quality bottom fishing.
Yeah I don’t think I’m the chi chi kind of guy. More interested in quality boats, gear and a competent fish master to put us in the right area

FWIW, my buddy who's been to both QCL (several times) and KPL, said KPL was much more geared to fishing. They made sure you were out and on the water at first light (if that is what you wanted) and you could fish as long and hard as you wanted. Cheney Point is right at the doorstep and the salmon fishing has always been good whenever I've dropped a line there. But worth the run to McInnes Island if you get the chance, my wife has released a couple 30+ lb fish there.

I haven't been to either KPL or NKL, but follow both on social media, and have fished the same area as KPL several times. I'd say KPL is higher end lodge and has better boats, whereas NKL is more basic, but likely has better bottom fishing and is more secluded with much fewer boats in the area. Bottom fish at KPL will require a bit of a run (20 - 30 minutes at least) and if the weather is up you might be limited in your options. Not sure about how protected the rising is at NKL in snotty weather. Salmon fishing will be equally good at either, with NKL peaking a bit earlier if you are looking for a chance at a 30/40+ lb spring as the fish migrate south to Rivers Inlet.

What about that lodge on Dundas Island? I saw some posts from Dave Haddad he is up there now. Looks interesting and also swell free water etc.

Was lucky enough to go 2 different years to WCFC the Clubhouse on Largara and it was top notch . Self guided boats were center console Boston whalers, great fishing platforms, didn’t have to travel far to be into fish. The service and food were incredible. Was a few years back so may be different now.

Probably not the Charlottes. Those 2 mentioned by CBsqrd seem what I’m interested in
I have been to KPL twice and can say that it's a top-notch operation. The fact that Cheney Point is two minutes from the lodge is a huge bonus. McInnes Island which is a bit of a boat ride is one of my favorite places to fish. The last time I was there a boat next to us grabbed a 60lber right after they dropped their gear.

I have been to KPL twice and can say that it's a top-notch operation. The fact that Cheney Point is two minutes from the lodge is a huge bonus. McInnes Island which is a bit of a boat ride is one of my favorite places to fish. The last time I was there a boat next to us grabbed a 60lber right after they dropped their gear.
Nice. They mostly cut plug there?

Back